Remove the gimbal clamp and install the propellers
Remove the gimbal holder and the warning cards from the motors before powering on.
Match the two propellers with red nuts to the motors with red paint. Match the two propellers with silver/black nuts to the unpainted motors.
Fasten each propeller by rotating it in the direction indicated by the lock symbol (). See the following image.
NOTE: We recommend wearing protective gloves when installing or removing the propellers.
Set up the controller
Press and hold the power button for two seconds to power up the remote controller.
Clamp your mobile device into the mobile device holder and adjust the holder angle for the optimum view.
Make sure the Flight Mode switch on the left side of the remote controller is in the GPS position.
Power up the X-Star
- Press and hold the power button for three seconds to turn on the aircraft. The battery level indicator lights will illuminate and indicate the current battery level.
Connect to your X-Star through the app
Enable Wi-Fi on your mobile device and connect to your aircraft by selecting X-Star_XXXXXX from the list of available Wi-Fi networks. The default Wi-Fi password is 99999999.
When the connection is established between your mobile device and the aircraft, the connection status bar will show as Connected in the Starlink app.
Calibrate the compass
Make sure to calibrate the compass every time you fly in a new location.
In your app, tap Settings > Flight Control Settings > Compass Calibration.
Follow the on-screen instructions. You will be informed when the calibration request has been initiated, and the four LEDs on the aircraft will flash yellow light.
- Rotate the aircraft 360° horizontally. The four LEDs on the aircraft will flash green when this is done successfully.
- Rotate the aircraft 360° vertically with the nose facing downward. When calibration succeeds, you will be informed by the app, and the four LEDs on the aircraft will illuminate solid green light for five seconds.
- If the calibration is unsuccessful, the four LEDs on the aircraft will illuminate a solid yellow light. In this case, repeat the above steps to try again.
NOTE: You can also start the calibration with the remote controller by pressing the Takeoff/Landing button () and the Go Home button () on the remote controller simultaneously for three seconds. Then perform steps 3 and 4 to complete the procedure.
Start the motors
Do one of the following to start the motors:
- Hold the Motor Start button for three seconds, or
- Push both command sticks toe-in or toe-out for three seconds.
When the motors start spinning, use one of the following methods to take off the aircraft:
- Hold the Takeoff/Landing button for three seconds, or
- Push the left command stick upwards (Mode 2).